The Hartman Law Firm, LLC, will help you fight your legal battles and receive a favorable case outcome with our unsurpassed legal representation. Frank is an experienced and highly skilled car accident lawyer in Charleston, creating personalized legal strategies for each of his clients.
Should I report a minor accident to the police?
Most states require you to report an accident only if someone gets hurt in a car wreck. Some states require drivers to report a collision if there is vehicle damage of over $1,000 or $2,500.
Regardless of the severity of your crash, call 911 after an automobile collision to have a police officer arrive at the accident scene. Getting a police report may prove beneficial if you choose to bring on a claim against the other driver in the future.
Should I report my minor accident to the insurance company?
Individuals involved in minor collisions often do not report their accident to the insurance company to prevent their insurance rates from increasing. In some cases, the driver tries to work things out with the other driver without involving the insurance companies.
However, every automobile policy requires the policyholders to report any accident immediately to the insurance company. Failing to inform your insurance company about what happened can result in legal complications and penalties down the road. It can also lead to several legal complications for you. For starters, if the other driver claims unnoticed car damage or injuries that crop up several weeks later, your insurance provider will deny protection to you. While you may be focusing on trying to evade increased insurance premiums, you might be stationing yourself for huge monetary losses down the line.
Pros and cons of a car accident lawyer
Hiring an experienced car accident lawyer can help you gain an accurate understanding of your case and prepare you on what to say and not say to the insurance adjuster. Here are some of the pros and cons of hiring an auto accident injury lawyer:
- Working with a personal injury lawyer increases your odds of receiving compensation.
- They can handle all communications with the other party’s attorney or insurance company on your behalf.
- They will build a strong case and fight for your rights while you focus on healing from your injuries and addressing your emotional distress.
- They will save you time, costs and relieve you from a ton of stress.
- A car accident victims attorney will investigate your accident, gather evidence, compile treatment records, and help you receive a quick resolution in your case.
- Your attorney will charge anywhere from 30 – 40% of your compensation as their legal fee.
The pros outweigh the cons, suggesting that retaining an attorney may be in your best interest. Contact us at 843-300-7600 to book a consultation with Frank Hartman, a top-rated car accident lawyer in Charleston. The Hartman Law Firm, LLC, is a highly sought-after attorney office for car accident victims. We build solid cases for our clients while they recover from their injuries and ensure they receive their rightful compensation within a short period.