Protect the Ones You Love with Estate Planning
Estate planning is a crucial step in the long-term planning of your loved one’s well-being, the succession of assets, financial affairs and business dealings. It is about more than simply deciding who should receive your assets when you die. It provides clarity during uncertain times and mitigates the risks caused by unforeseen circumstances.
It is paramount to consult with an attorney with experience in estate planning. Rasmussen Law in Edina has considerable experience in estate planning and probate proceedings in both Minnesota and tribal courts. Our lawyers represent clients of all income levels and ages.
What Types of Documents Are Drawn up for Estate Planning?
Properly prepared estate planning documents may include items for minimizing taxes, protecting your assets from creditors and protecting your beneficiaries. The following are examples of estate planning documents:
- A last will and testament to determine how your assets will be distributed and who will administer your estate.
- Trusts developed to meet specific goals, such as minimizing taxes or providing assets to a person who receives government assistance.
- Power of attorney to designate who you choose to make decisions if incapacitated.
- Advanced health care directives to determine who should make medical decisions for you if you cannot communicate for yourself.
- A living will that outlines your wishes regarding specific medical treatments or artificial life support if you are in a life-ending condition with no hope of recovery.
For over 30 years, attorney Leif E. Rasmussen has assisted business owners in Minnesota with their strategic long-term legal plans. He offers you extensive knowledge in all small to mid-sized business areas and can help you throughout your business life cycle.
Let Us Guide You through the Estate Planning Process
A well-written estate plan ensures the orderly transition of personal and business assets, minimizes tax implications, prevents disruption to business operations and ensures that your wishes are understood and followed.
In addition to estate planning, we offer a wide range of legal services to businesses in the Twin Cities area. Contact us today at 952-345-8265 for all your estate planning and business needs.