Cullotta Bravo Law Group is a reputed law firm with a commendable track record and the best attorneys. Our truck accident lawyer in Joliet, Peter Cullotta, possesses over three decades of experience in handling injury cases and helping accident victims claim their rightful compensation.
What damages can I expect in a trucking accident?
If you get into a big-rig accident, you can expect three types of damages – economic, non-economic, and punitive. Economic damages include medical care, rehabilitation costs, loss of earnings and earning capacity, and compensation for property damages.
Non-economic damages will include pain and suffering, emotional distress, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life. Lastly, punitive damages refer to the damages that the at-fault party pays for their recklessness. It is pivotal that you hire an experienced Aurora, IL, personal injury lawyer to receive the maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
What not to do in a truck accident?
While a truck accident is undoubtedly an overwhelming experience, there are few things that you should never do after a trailer collision. Here are a few mistakes to avoid after a truck accident in IL:
- Never leave the accident scene until the police officers arrive. If anyone involved in the accident requires immediate medical assistance, call 911.
- Gather as much information as you can before leaving the accident scene. Take relevant pictures of the accident scene and remember to record as many details as possible like the time and date of the crash, climatic conditions, etc.
- Make sure to exchange contact and license information with the other driver and collect the witnesses’ names, email addresses, and phone numbers before leaving the accident scene.
Lastly, regardless of how confident you feel about handling this yourself, schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Aurora, IL. A personal injury law firm in Aurora, IL, can help you assess your legal options and help you navigate through the legal processes.
What should to do in an accident with a big-rig truck?
An accident can put you in a state of shock and cause your emotions to run high. There are several things you should do in such a scenario:
- Check the passengers and the other driver for any injuries and make sure they are safe. Call the authorities and notify them about the incident.
- Get the truck driver’s contact and insurance information and inquire if the driver works for a trucking company or is independent. In some cases, the driver could also be operating a vehicle under a lease.
- Take photos of potential damage to your vehicle, your injuries, the accident scene, any logos or signage on the trailer. Speak to one of the leading Aurora truck accident lawyers to help you receive compensation from the at-fault party for your injuries.
Your search for the best Aurora truck accidents attorney ends here. Contact us at 630-898-7800 to speak to our truck accident lawyer in Joliet. Cullotta Bravo Law Group is a top-rated law firm with several positive reviews and a high success rate. We have delivered several million-dollar settlements to our clients and helped them seek the medical treatment they need to live their best life.